Pages


Monday, March 22, 2010

Coming up ... Sketching

The title picture of the blog has a couple of sketches that I created for my History of Architecture portfolio. Here are a few more sketches that I have created for that class.

Pencil Sketches








Rotor Ink



Feel free to leave me any comments about my sketches. I will go into detail about sketching in my next post.

I will elucidate more about:
  • Types of sketching in architecture
  • Equipment needed for drawings
  • Sheet Layout
  • Scaling and proportion
  • Clarity of sketches
  • Presenting the sketch with respect to equipment used
  • Detailing of the drawing
  • Preserving sketches

4 comments:

  1. hey hi... i appreciate ur move to write a blog about architecture to educate people... we must also teach them how to approach architecture in a comprehensive way.....which is not taught in colleges...
    @swathy: gud initiative... hope to read more blogs and comment on the same...

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go swath.....well compiled blog :)
    Living in a country that has created marvels in architecture, I've always wondered about why none of the newer gen architects have not taken up challenges of creating something as historic as what had been passed down to us since the B.Cs.... the architects had been waaaay ahead of their times in terms of ideas..... even with all the technology that we boast of these days, we cannot recreate something like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Swath..the drawings are mind blowing..Never knew there was so much talent in the family...way to go girl..;)

    ReplyDelete